Open Door Mission is a Gospel Rescue Mission founded in 1954 committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty. Each day, Open Door Missions’ campus offers 917 safe, shelter beds to people experiencing homelessness, serves over 4,747 nutritious meals to feed the hungry, and provides homeless preventive resources to more than 1,000 people living in poverty to empower them to remain in their own homes.
In 2022, Open Door Mission made an impact by:
- Providing 157,195 nights of safe shelter.
- Serving 1.42 million nutritious meals to feed the hungry.
- Empowering 26,772 individuals to remain in their own homes and prevent homelessness.
- Celebrating 85 graduates from life-changing programs.
- Diverting 528 patients experiencing homelessness from hospital emergency room visits.
- Changing lives, along with 12,845 volunteers giving 47,245 hours of their valuable time.
- Processing and redistributing 5.04 million pounds of Gift-in-Kind donations from generous donors.
Transform a Life Today