Fiscal Year April 1, 2012 — March 31, 2013
Total Revenue $24,681,703
Total Expenses $23,307,594
Open Door Mission devoted 87 percent of all fiscal 2014 expenses to food, shelter and life-changing programs for homeless and near-homeless men, women and children in the Heartland.
To view Open Door Mission’s most recent audited financial statement click here
Click here for a copy of Open Door Mission’s most recent Form 990 tax return
For a full listing of Open Door Mission’s Board of Directors, click here.
Our Financial Principles
Open Door Mission belongs to God, and the staff is committed to Him. A godly and compassionate Board of Directors governs Open Door Mission and understands its responsibility to assure that your contributions are used honorably.
Open Door Mission is an arm of the Heartland’s church community. Through their support, many churches have commissioned us to reach out to the poor and the homeless.
The Open Door Mission operates by the following financial principles:
- We will never attempt to raise more money than the Mission needs.
- We will pay for its purchases immediately or within 30 days.
- We believe that Christians should support their local churches first. We will never encourage believers to support Open Door Mission until they have first met their obligations to their churches.
- We believe each gift comes from people who give sacrificially. Open Door Mission will use all gifts prayerfully and conservatively. No one will become financially wealthy as a result of his/her efforts at the mission. All designated donations will be used for the purposes they are given.
- We will never sell nor rent our donor mailing list.
- We will promptly send receipts for all monetary donations.
- We believe that our supporters want to hear from us in times of plenty, as well as in times of difficulty. We pledge to act with integrity when raising funds. We will always communicate our needs honestly.
- We will conform to the standards of the ECFA, submitting to an independent audit each year and maintaining an “open-book” policy.
For more information about Open Door Mission’s financial principles and your rights as a donor, contact Celeste Norman, Development Manager, at (402) 829-1508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why You Can Give Confidently to the Open Door Mission
Your donations and contributions help the Open Door Mission provide food, clothing and shelter to Omaha’s homeless and hungry. With more than 2,000 homeless men, women and children living on Omaha’s streets every night, Open Door Mission’s goal is to reach out a helping hand to as many as we possibly can. And you can help.