|Jesus healed Bartimaeus because of his faith.|
- Why mention that Jesus and His disciples both came and left Jericho in the same verse? Why not mention just one of the two? (old city vs. “modern” city of Jericho, Jesus attracted yet another large crowd in Jericho)
- What was Bartimaeus’ reaction to hearing that Jesus was near?
- What was the crowd’s reaction to Bartimaeus? Why do you think they had that reaction?
- What was Jesus’ reaction to Bartimaeus?
- How do you think the crowd felt when Jesus told them what to do, after they had just been rude to Bartimaeus?
- How would you feel if your authority had just told you to go back and be nice to the person to whom you were just rude?
- What stands out in Bartimaeus’ reaction to what the crowd told him? Why do you think that was the reaction?
- How would you feel if you found out that Jesus wanted to see you?
- Jesus does want to spend time with you. John 3:16 tells us that God so loved the world that he sent Jesus to die for the punishment of our sin, and that whoever believes in God’s gift through Jesus will have everlasting life with Him.
- What would you call Jesus if He were to ever speak to you?
- What is your reaction to Jesus?
- Are you waiting for a huge miracle to follow Jesus? What if that miracle never comes? Will you still follow Him? Bartimaeus already knew who Jesus was, and the first opportunity he had he went to follow Jesus. Will you follow Him?
We share the Gospel freely, providing every opportunity for men, women, and children at Open Door Mission to accept Christ. But we never force the Gospel on anyone. It is all invitation!
GTMC Support Worker
At Open Door Mission we try to give our guests some “off campus” experiences to help them grow in their spiritual life. Zachary is one of the men that spent special weekend learning about being a ...
Who is your boss? For a Christian the most important and top boss is Christ. The dictionary defines a boss as person in charge, a leader and a supervisor. When Christ is the leader in your life you ar...