Our Mission remains the same
On Monday, June 1st, 2020, Open Door Mission is lifting the Shelter in Place Policy, which means guests experiencing homelessness can leave for employment and housing opportunities, go shopping and basically carry on with everyday life. The Open Door Mission team will still focus on safe shelter and quality care following all CDC guidelines. New guests entering the campus for shelter or the New Life program will need to complete 72 hours quarantined without temperature or symptoms before joining the general population.
All volunteers prior to COVID-19 will need to complete a NEW onboarding process with a COVID-19 Volunteer Health Policy, new application, waiver, and CDC health questionnaire. Once that is complete, the volunteer will be scheduled with a date, time, and location on campus. Upon arrival on campus, volunteers will be greeted by a staff member to have a temperature and symptom check, complete the CDC questionnaire and review the COVID-19 precautionary measures.
All new volunteers can watch for upcoming details on dates and times for July’s volunteer orientation on our website.
Thank you for your patience, care, love, prayers and support through this pandemic.
Dr. Candace L. Gregory
10 Ways to Make A Difference From Home
- Make Washable COVID-19 Masks for vulnerable men, women, and children with weakened immune systems. Click here >>>
- Send Inspiration Cards to those going through a dark place as we shelter in place on campus. Click here >>>
- Make Sack Lunches for the hungry and homeless. Click here >>>
- Provide Urgent Needs during this unprecedented time as we have a critical need for many items. Click here >>>
- Fill a Hearts of Hope Coin Card to provide a nutritious meal and care for two homeless people. Click here >>>
- Make Jars Full of Sunshine with inspirational notes and sweet treats for your neediest neighbors. Click here >>>
- Fill Hygiene Comfort Kits with urgently needed personal care items. Click here >>>
- Make a Meal that is easy to make for the hungry and homeless. Click here >>>
- Pray for Open Door Mission during this time of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Click here >>>
- Make Crochet Plastic Bag Mats for the homeless sleeping on the streets. Click here >>>