Events, promotions, and partnerships with businesses in our community
Does your garden have food to Share?
Open Door Mission has partnered with Fresh Food Connect to feed the hungry and homeless.
Here’s How it Works:
- Plant extra seeds or set aside a portion of your garden for donation growing
- Download the Fresh Food Connect app and sign up as a gardener
- Harvest your extra fresh fruit and vegetables and schedule a drop-off
Help the homeless anywhere
TAGG connects people, businesses, and causes for a mutual benefit
Using the TAGG app turns your everyday purchases into everyday donations.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3
2. Discover the growing list of participating businesses that will donate a percent of your purchases year-round.
3. Choose the Open Door Mission, and snap a photo of your receipt. It’s that simple!
Virtual Food Drive
With a 50% increase in food insecurity in our community, Open Door Mission knows more people than ever before will need our help. In Nebraska and Western Iowa, 1 in 4 kids under 18 is a risk for hunger.
Seasons change, but hunger remains. Be a Hunger Hero today by hosting a food drive! (Or you can host a Virtual Food Drive by shopping our wish lists!)
Giving through Amazon purchases
AmazonSmile, a separate portal from Amazon’s main site, offers the same items, prices, and benefits as Amazon.com, but with one distinct difference.
When users shop on AmazonSmile, the retailer’s Foundation contributes 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charity of your choice.
There is no cost to charities or customers, and 100% of the donation generated from eligible purchases goes to the consumer’s charity of choice. For frequent Amazon users, this additional perk is a great way to give back to charities effortlessly.
Select Open Door Mission as your charity of choice, and start shopping!