2022 Annual Report
Our Financial Principles
Open Door Mission belongs to God, and the staff is committed to Him. A godly and compassionate Board of Directors governs Open Door Mission and understands its responsibility to assure that your contributions are used honorably.
Open Door Mission is an arm of the Heartland’s church community. Through their support, many churches have commissioned us to reach out to the poor and the homeless.
The Open Door Mission operates by the following financial principles:
- We will never attempt to raise more money than the Mission needs.
- We will pay for its purchases immediately or within 30 days.
- We believe that Christians should support their local churches first. We will never encourage believers to support Open Door Mission until they have first met their obligations to their churches.
- We believe each gift comes from people who give sacrificially. Open Door Mission will use all gifts prayerfully and conservatively. No one will become financially wealthy as a result of his/her efforts at the mission. All designated donations will be used for the purposes they are given.
- We will never sell or rent our donor mailing list.
- We will promptly send receipts for all monetary donations.
- We believe that our supporters want to hear from us in times of plenty, as well as in times of difficulty. We pledge to act with integrity when raising funds. We will always communicate our needs honestly.
- We will conform to the standards of the ECFA, submitting to an independent audit each year and maintaining an “open-book” policy.
For more information about Open Door Mission’s financial principles and your rights as a donor, contact Mike Johnson, Chief Financial Officer, at (402) 829-1558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be good stewards of your donations Open Door Mission offers a self-funded health plan to their employees. So as part of the Transparency in Coverage Role (TCR), we are required to post this cost and claims data site: NebraskaBlue.com/MRFs
Why You can Give confidently to Open Door Mission
Your donations and contributions help the Open Door Mission provide food, clothing, and shelter to Omaha’s homeless and hungry. With more than 2,000 homeless men, women and children living on Omaha’s streets every night, Open Door Mission’s goal is to reach out a helping hand to as many as we possibly can. And you can help.
Open Door Mission’s strong commitment to accountability and transparency have earned it the highest rating of 4-stars in 2019 from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator. Open Door Mission has earned this top distinction nine times in the last nine years.
Open Door Mission is a member in good standing of the Citygate Network.
Open Door Mission is also a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). Members must be 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations committed to evangelical Christianity; maintain the highest standards of financial and Christian ethics; make full financial disclosure; have an independent board that accepts responsibility for its activities; have its books audited annually and follow ECFA guidelines for fundraising.
**A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Contact the Division of Consumer Services at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com.**
Open Door Mission has earned a 2020 Gold Seal in the Nonprofit Profile on GuideStar. You can see the profile here.
Now our community members, as well as 10+ million GuideStar users, can find in-depth information about our goals, strategies, capabilities, and progress. We’re shining a spotlight on the difference we help make in the world, thanks to your support.
Open Door Mission appreciates employees who partner with Give Nebraska and CFC through their workplace.
Fiscal Year April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022
Total Revenue $33,258,058
Total Expenses $29,267,329
Open Door Mission devoted 89.4 percent of all fiscal 2022 expenses to food, shelter and life-changing programs for homeless and near-homeless men, women and children in the Heartland.
For a copy of Open Door Mission’s most recent Form 990 tax return, click here »
Board of Directors
Chairman – Mr. George Akers (7 years)
Academy Mortgage Company – Regional Manager
Vice Chairman – Mr. Perry Poyner (16 years)
Alley Poyner Architecture – Architect
CEO, Open Door Mission – Mrs. Candace Gregory (26 years)
Treasurer – Mr.Jon C. Gum (9 years)
AGP Processing, Inc. – Certified Public Accountant
Secretary – Mrs. Debbie Blank (21 years)
Living Word Ministries – Director
Past Chairman – Mr. Jim Gabrielson (28 years)
Past Chairman – Mr. Kelly Loneman (21 years)
Image Market – Owner, Operator
Mr. G.F. (Ted) Callier (33 years)
Mr. Steven Gunderson (48 years)
Gunderson Law Offices P.C., L.L.O. – Attorney
Mr. Richard Kerns (58 years)
Mrs. Karen Snow (8 years)
Tenaska, Inc. – Certified Public Accountant
Ryan Gratopp (3 year)
Thrive, Inc. – Owner/Operator