How can I sign up to volunteer?
You can find out about Open Door Mission’s volunteer programs and sign up here.
Where and when can I drop off donations?
Open Door Mission is located at 2828 N. 23rd Street East in Omaha. For a map and directions, click here.
Donations can be dropped off at our receiving area on the east side of the Timberlake Outreach Center located at 2107 E Locust St.
- Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Do you accept clothing and household item donations?
We gladly accept gently used clothing and shoes and functioning or gently used household items. These donations are vital to helping our clients.
Due to legal or particle considerations, we CANNOT accept the following items:
- Built-in appliances
- Tires of any kind
- Used paint, solvents or grease
- Fertilizer or pesticides
- Concrete blocks or bricks
- Used carpet
- Nonworking appliances
- Sleeper sofas or hide-a-beds
- Console televisions
- Broken furniture
- Nonworking electronics, radios or televisions
- Metal desks
- Badly stained or torn mattresses
- Wet clothing
- Waterbeds, waterbed frames, waterbed headboards
- Old typewriters
- Dishwashers (Unless portable)
- Old doors, windows or glass, or other construction or remodeling supplies
- Organs or pianos
- Old computers and associated equipment
Please note that this information is intended to serve as a general guide. Unacceptable items are subject to frequent change. Legal restrictions and limited storage capacity prevent the acceptance of some items. Please call the Timberlake Outreach Center at 402-422-1111, ext. 1517 if you are unsure whether we can accept your donation.
How do I sign up for Open Door Mission’s e-mail blasts?
Click here and enter your e-mail address. You’ll be on the Open Door Mission’s e-mail list and will receive updates on programs, donations, volunteering and more.